Saturday, July 21, 2012

What to Wear: For a Night Out

so you are going out for a night out whether that be dancing the night away with your girls or going to a lounge to sip drinks and listen to some music with your beau.
there are some pieces that are perfect for this type of event.
i always steer toward a fitted dress for these types of events.
and by fitted i mean tight enough to show that you're a woman but classy enough to show that you're a lady.











Dress: Rachel Roy | Shoes: Zara | Bag: c/o Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. Mini
For evening you should bring out the big guns...and by big guns i mean the highest, sexiest heels you've got. But keep in mind if you are going to be dancing...keep the heel as thick as possible and bring a pair of fast flats for the cab ride home. lawd knows your feet will be hurting if you like to dance like i like to dance! I also usually carry a clutch at night so i can be free of clutter.
i wore this outfit out for Epic Thursdays. Yes I just made that up but seriously my Thursday night was EPIC. First stop Butter for cocktails, followed by dinner at Republic (banging 90s hip hop playing as I ate my chicken pesto). That was then followed by more drinks at my friends friend Irish Pub. Interesting music...triple sec drinks! That was then followed up by dancing at Bar 13 (free shots and grinding with very handsome gay men), followed by a more pretentious crowd at RDV in meatpacking. It was awesome. I havent partied like that since I was 18 and my legs still hurt lol.
To get a similar look try this dress or this dress!
Stay tuned for the rest of the What to Wear Series.

xx
Monroe

NEW INVENTORY AT SHOP MY CLOSET!
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

13 comments:

  1. Great print!!!' luv the fit u look fab dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable dress!

    thatgabriellemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit. I like the makeup too. I have not been dancing for a long time, but you make me want to go out and shake it up.
    Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. that look is perfect for a night out,you look great in that dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this entire look! The dress and shoes..stunning!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun night!! I love dancing! And you look great for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot dress, everything looks well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww I love this dress and it looks fabulous on you. Now that sounds like a great night. I dont know if I could hang though... Im old

    Jen
    www.commecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress! The shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin